Sugar Swings! Serve Some: Coconut Covered Cake Bite Bunnies

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Coconut Covered Cake Bite Bunnies


Well it's finally Spring! I love Winter and all but since it seemed like one long snowstorm on the East Coast, it's nice to finally say goodbye to it - I mean hopefully we're done with snow, but you can never say never, especially after the season we just had.  Actually we still have small mounds of snow in the yard!

And although I've yet to notice any spring flowers pushing up, I have seen one or 2 rabbits and some robins hopping around which I'm taking as a sign of warmer weather coming.



The rabbits really inspired this treat.  Cake bite bunnies (I'm still not comfortable calling them cake balls, that just sounds weird!).  They are made using the normal cake bite process:
  • Crumble some already baked cake or cupcakes (I used chocolate)
  • Add icing until you can get the mix to stick together.  

  • Shape the mixture (about 1-2 tablespoonfuls of the mix) into the bunny bodies
  • Freeze the pre-formed shapes (you don't have to do this step, but I find dipping goes much easier if the mix is cold/frozen)
  • Dip in some melted white chocolate or vanilla candy wafers to coat
  • While still wet, sprinkle on some sweetened coconut flakes
  • Using more melted candy, pipe some rabbit ears and sprinkle on coconut before it's hardened


  • Once the ears are set, attach to the bunny with more melted candy
  • Attach a small pink sprinkle as the nose

You could add eyes, but I kinda like them without, like the fur is covering their little faces.  You can also make some small ones too as baby bunnies, which would up the cute factor by like x1000.


Happy Spring to you! We've had a couple of sunny 60 degree days as teasers, so I can't wait for the warm weather to come back and stay for good - or at least a long time.  Bring on the flip flops!

Tidy Mom's I'm Loving It

1 comment :

  1. Cute, what a great treat! Visiting from TT&J...Sarah @Dwell onJoy

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you or any feedback...make sure are signed in so I can reply back!